Multiple Duplicate Emails

WLC

Reaction score
Is anybody having problems with Mail? For some reason I am getting numerous copies of the same email everytime I open mail. My only solution is to select one message and than click View and select "display selected message only" and than go back and click "display all messages" and bingo I only have one copy of each email. I am getting a bit tired of doing this so has anybody got a solution? I have only downloaded updates so am concerned that maybe one of these updates has caused the problem.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you receiving duplicates on outgoing mail (from you to others), or all mail?

Make sure you have not selected "CC" yourself on outgoing mail. Also, it may be a problem with the way you have mail setup with your ISP.

OP
W

WLC

Reaction score
It is just my incoming mail and any mail that is resides in my Inbox. This is a problem that has just recently started to happen so I am almost certain it is not my ISP and I am completely stumped. As I am still fairly new to MAC I do not attempt to download any software from the internet.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Who is your ISP? Google Mail for example, will show up in your in box and also as a separate folder in Mail. Another thing to check is how your mail is setup with your ISP. Are you using POP? IMAP?

OP
W

WLC

Reaction score
MY USP is o2 which is now a German company but widely used in England and I am using POP so being in the states this probably will not mean much to anybody outside of Europe. I have checked my ISP and mail there is fine. If I take all of my old mail out of my inbox then any new mail is received normally. Also I have noticed that the duplicate copies of my read mail cannot be opened.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That definitely sounds like an ISP problem with the way you're receiving mail. There really is nothing in Apple Mail aside from the CC option which would give you all those duplicates. I would cancel that account with your ISP and set up another to see if the dupes stop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.