Macbook Pro and Magic Mouse

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Recently I bought a macbook pro and also a magic mouse, the thing is that when the computer is not connected to the power source after a few seconds the mouse goes off, it shuts down by it self and I need to turn it off and turn it back on to work correctly again and it is going to work for a few seconds, but when the computer is connected to the power source that does not happens, everything works fine without any problem.

Have someone seen this behavior before?
Is there something that I need to do?

I am new with Mac....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
A: There was an update release that froze the system when it was not connected to the power source.

Make sure you have the latest Mac OS Updates. I'm guessing you have Snow Leopard.. the update that caused that problem was in Leopard.

B: Try working with your computer not connected to the power source and without the magic mouse, see how the computer works, maybe is a faulty bluetooth connection that makes the system freeze.

Keep posting the results. Good Luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.