How to do a fresh instal with osx 10.6.4

Reaction score
I have just upgraded my Macbook Pro to the latest model with 10.6.4. Basically on my old macbook pro I used to be able to put the installation disc in and delete everything and do a fresh install of the system. On the new os I can't seem to find this option. This means I do a fresh install and it keeps all of the old data and accounts. Can anyone please tell me how to do erase everything and start again?
Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Hey Tattster, I'm glad you put the "let me google that for you" thingy, because I couldn't understand the original post.

I have just upgraded my Macbook Pro to the latest model with 10.6.4.
I guess this means that the OP has either upgraded to Snow Leopard, or just updated to 10.6.4 with software update.

Basically on my old macbook pro I used to be able to put the installation disc in and delete everything and do a fresh install of the system. On the new os I can't seem to find this option. This means I do a fresh install and it keeps all of the old data and accounts.
Totally lost with this one!
Can anyone please tell me how to do erase everything and start again?
Clean install ....got that bit :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, at first it seems a bit confusing. However, since Snow Leopard automatically does an Archive and Install when reinstalling, I can understand why he was at a loss when he couldn't find the old option. Got to read between the lines... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.