Macbook closed and working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White Unibody 2,4Ghz
Hi!

I'm looking for a program that makes the macbook do some simple thing that we can do on any windows notebook: close the note and it keep running normal. I use a 24" external screen on my mac and an external mouse/keybd, so i want to keep it close, but still awake.

ANy clues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Man, you gotta use the search function of these forums. *shakes head*
Keywords: "clamshell", "closed lid", "macbook with external monitor"... etc. etc.

Sorry, no fish to give you but now you know how to fish. Go get that fish! :)

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm looking for a program that makes the macbook do some simple thing that we can do on any windows notebook: close the note and it keep running normal. I use a 24" external screen on my mac and an external mouse/keybd, so i want to keep it close, but still awake.
Why? Why don't you do what I do and use the MacBook as a second monitor when it's plugged in to the external?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Why? Why don't you do what I do and use the MacBook as a second monitor when it's plugged in to the external?
Because i don't need it and it's is, in my case, a little uncomfortable.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.