Multi Monitor preference change

Reaction score
Still new to my MacBook, but had it setup with one external display via DVI. When I goto work, plugged all in, hit a key on external kb and it came alive (never opening the lid) and I worked off that monitor.

I now have my good setup, 2 24' monitors connected via Matrox DP Duel Head but had some problems at first but I don't know where the settings are. But right now I have the 2 monitors with a 3200 or so res looking great but the lid is open. If I close the lid, the screens go black saying I need to change the resolution because my 1st setup I put the resolution at 3800x1050 which is should be able to do, but it doesn't work that high. So the problem is when I close the lid it thinks, oh I should be at that, but the monitors won't respond, so where is that 'profile' set (or whatever it's called). As I said, if I boot off the laptop, then plugin the matrox, both screens come alive, taskbar get's moved and it looks great, just don't want the laptop open all day, so there must be a way to either change or remove that profile and start over (is profile the correct word to describe)?

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.