• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple stores teeming with germs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Oh for Pete's sake.
You have more chance of catching something like that from coins.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And what else is new?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Does this "Australian expert" have any say about germs(along with other substances) on currency? What a real expert he is!!

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
The difference is you usually don't put your hands all over your money for long periods of time. You throw your money in your wallet and that's it. But with an ipad or something it's a lot of fanboys huddled around one little screen and the person using it does so for a length of time. So the touching + the close proximity of crowds makes it worse then money.

Is the story BS? Probably so. But saying it's like coins to me is totally wrong. This story is a total different version of BS. And a little human contact helps build up our immune system. So we can handle going out in the public and not get sick from every little thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
And a little human contact helps build up our immune system. So we can handle going out in the public and not get sick from every little thing.

Yes of course. All of this obsession with ultimate cleanliness over the last few years has seen an increase in all sorts of ailments that were never too prevalent. Kids don't build up the immunity from a young age any more and catch all sorts because of it.
A bit of dirt never hurt.

Anyway, what's he saying? All Apple fanboys are disease ridden?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Some people are so into their $$$ they mess with it, count it, handle it! :D It's true though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
The difference is you usually don't put your hands all over your money for long periods of time. You throw your money in your wallet and that's it. But with an ipad or something it's a lot of fanboys huddled around one little screen and the person using it does so for a length of time. So the touching + the close proximity of crowds makes it worse then money.

Is the story BS? Probably so. But saying it's like coins to me is totally wrong. This story is a total different version of BS. And a little human contact helps build up our immune system. So we can handle going out in the public and not get sick from every little thing.

I take it from the perspective that most of the people, actually, all of the people who I see walking into an apple store are "clean," not some dirty thug, handling money on the corner streets. It's like that 60 minutes show that talked about money and how almost 90% of money produced, in its life time, will get some trace of drugs, and will also get hard dna substance from more than 400 people. eww.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Homeless Frank.
YouTube - Laptop Hunters: Homeless Frank
He may not be a thug handling money, but he sure is dirty. :)

I take it from the perspective that most of the people, actually, all of the people who I see walking into an apple store are "clean," not some dirty thug, handling money on the corner streets. It's like that 60 minutes show that talked about money and how almost 90% of money produced, in its life time, will get some trace of drugs, and will also get hard dna substance from more than 400 people. eww.

Thanks for the image both of you. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh well the8thark.

It is a well known scientific fact there are lost of brains at university but not much common sense!

Reaction score
Your cell phone has 1.8X more germs than a toilet handle. Gross...

A grocery cart push bar has 3X more germs than a toilet handle. Yuck..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hey, at least Homeless Frank has good taste in Notebooks! :D

Everyone, Run and hide, Germs are after you! :D Grin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
The people who come up with these things are the same jokers that want you to wash your hands every time you use the restroom - the disinfectant industrial complex, soap mafia and Lyndon LaRouche. Jeeeeeez!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I take it from the perspective that most of the people, actually, all of the people who I see walking into an apple store are "clean," not some dirty thug, handling money on the corner streets.

Just cause they look clean doesn't mean they don't have germs. ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 27" iMac 2.8GHz i7 8GB Ram | Mid 2007 15" Macbook Pro 2.4GHz 4 GB Ram | iPhone 4s | iPad 3
It's called washing your hands, do it frequently and always before touching your mouth and you will be fine. I manage a restaurant and handle thousands of dollars every day. I always wash my hands after handling money. I always wash my hands before handling food. And I always wash my hands before they go anywhere near my mouth or face. It's just good hygiene.
oh and I obviously always wash my hands after using the restroom. lol

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It's called washing your hands, do it frequently and always before touching your mouth and you will be fine. I manage a restaurant and handle thousands of dollars every day. I always wash my hands after handling money. I always wash my hands before handling food. And I always wash my hands before they go anywhere near my mouth or face. It's just good hygiene.
oh and I obviously always wash my hands after using the restroom. lol

Having some purell or some other kind of hand sanitizer goes a long way...especially when you can't wash your hands 50 times a day. >_>"

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Having some purell or some other kind of hand sanitizer goes a long way...especially when you can't wash your hands 50 times a day. >_>"

Yes then people squeeze a heap of the sanitiser on their hands and then they things with their hands so gooped up from the sanitiser that they leave big goops of sanitiser on everything they touch. Sure their hands are clean but leaving that goop everywhere is kind of disgusting in my opinion.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes then people squeeze a heap of the sanitiser on their hands and then they things with their hands so gooped up from the sanitiser that they leave big goops of sanitiser on everything they touch. Sure their hands are clean but leaving that goop everywhere is kind of disgusting in my opinion.

I dunno what kind you are using...but mine evaporates after awhile. >_>"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.