• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple stores teeming with germs

Reaction score
Yes then people squeeze a heap of the sanitiser on their hands and then they things with their hands so gooped up from the sanitiser that they leave big goops of sanitiser on everything they touch. Sure their hands are clean but leaving that goop everywhere is kind of disgusting in my opinion.

Oversaturate much? You need just enough to wet your hands, and let them dry within 30 seconds. Not a minute.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Oversaturate much? You need just enough to wet your hands, and let them dry within 30 seconds. Not a minute.

Yes many people oversaturate way to much here. They don't know how to use the hand sanitiser at all. Just enough so it evaporates as you said is how to use it, something they have not learnt, or read from the back side of the sanitiser bottle. And that's not me who uses too much. Personally I don't use the stuff. At my work they have surgical grade hand soap to use. (I work in a commercial kitchen). And I use that soap instead.

Reaction score
Yes many people oversaturate way to much here. They don't know how to use the hand sanitiser at all. Just enough so it evaporates as you said is how to use it, something they have not learnt, or read from the back side of the sanitiser bottle.

Aren't rubbing alcohol vapors dangerous to inhale? :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Man...got some crazies in here. As somebody pointed out "a little dirt never hurt" anybody.

I'm a man, and totally gross and except for my daily three "S"es regimen, I'm pretty unsanitary. I never get sick, either. I'm immune to every friggin' germ.

Apple store doesn't bother me, at all, as far as germs. Now, if I'm in a totally gross bathroom or something, I'll totally sanitize.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I wonder what's cleaner the Apple Store...or the ice dispenser at MacDonalds?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Man...got some crazies in here. As somebody pointed out "a little dirt never hurt" anybody.

I'm a man, and totally gross and except for my daily three "S"es regimen, I'm pretty unsanitary. I never get sick, either. I'm immune to every friggin' germ.

Apple store doesn't bother me, at all, as far as germs. Now, if I'm in a totally gross bathroom or something, I'll totally sanitize.

I agree, A little dirt never hurt. Just think about it, I'm 30 years old and I don't even remember hand sanitizer being around when I was a kid. These days it's every where. Not all germs are bad, how else are you going to build up your immune system?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I agree, A little dirt never hurt. Just think about it, I'm 30 years old and I don't even remember hand sanitizer being around when I was a kid. These days it's every where. Not all germs are bad, how else are you going to build up your immune system?

Eating a little bit of dirt?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

I talked my sister into eating some dirt once when we were kids.

Then went and told mom she was out there eating dirt. :Mischievous:

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I talked my sister into eating some dirt once when we were kids.

Then went and told mom she was out there eating dirt. :Mischievous:

I've done this as well to my siblings. While it doesn't kill you...there is a chance you could get nasty parasites. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

I don't think a little dirt is any worst, Than the highly processed and manufactured foods that are loaded with chemicals and preservatives that we all eat everyday.

Its called the ten second rule. And yes I do use that rule.

I think 99% of people live by this rule.

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Its called the ten second rule. And yes I do use that rule.

Wrong. It's the 5 second rule.
Even Adam and Jamie know that (and did a myth on it).

Reaction score
I can certainly imagine there would be large amounts of germs in apple stores, due to the heavy foot traffic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.