• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who would dress their kid up like this? v.AppleStore

Reaction score
1287375832.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Haha it's Pedobear!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Lawl to lure pedo bears. >_<" To trap them obviously.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Methinks he must be a big fan of Where The Wild Things Are.
Lets hope he's nothing like the kid in the film version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Doesn't this fall under the category of child abuse? ;)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Methinks he must be a big fan of Where The Wild Things Are.
Lets hope he's nothing like the kid in the film version.

That looks nothing like anything from Where the Wild Things Are.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Come on guys...it's clear you don't have kids or hang around people with kids...this is clearly a situation that someone's child had some sort of school play, other theatrical interest, other school function, costume party, etc....and then the family stopped at the Apple Store afterwards.

- Nick

p.s. And why the heck would this be someones first post!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Is this the original posters kid and he is looking for some attention for his kid?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Come on guys...it's clear you don't have kids or hang around people with kids...this is clearly a situation that someone's child had some sort of school play, other theatrical interest, other school function, costume party, etc....and then the family stopped at the Apple Store afterwards.

Sorry, I have 2 kids, daughters. Did the whole school play thing etc. Never took them out in public in costume with the exception of pizza with the rest of the kids in the play afterwards....

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

- Nick

Umm I've been in lots of plays as a kid and my parents always brought a change of clothes for me. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
I got it! I got it!!

It's a virus.

Joking really no doubt someone taking child to pantomine/dance performance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
0_o Mommy I want an iPad now! And I wanna go in my widdle bear costume! :D ROFL

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sorry, I have 2 kids, daughters. Did the whole school play thing etc. Never took them out in public in costume with the exception of pizza with the rest of the kids in the play afterwards....

It is getting to be Halloween. I'd be willing to bet there was some kind of event in the mall. I've seen plenty of kids out in costumes already this year, although trick or treat isn't until next week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is getting to be Halloween. I'd be willing to bet there was some kind of event in the mall. I've seen plenty of kids out in costumes already this year, although trick or treat isn't until next week.

THAT I could maybe see...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I never said 100% of parents do this...nothing is 100%...but to say it doesn't happen is just being closed minded.:)

I do know that a lot of parents (for efficiencies sake)...if they need to go to the mall on the way home after say a school play...it's a lot more efficient than:

- going home first
- unloading the mini van
- letting the kids change into "normal" clothes
- then load the mini-van again
- then go to the mall

All of that loading & unloading is a BIG pain in the butt!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I never said 100% of parents do this...nothing is 100%...but to say it doesn't happen is just being closed minded.:)

I never said it didn't happen, I simply said that I, as a parent, never did it. It was in response to your claim that those who "didn't get it" obviously didn't have kids. I have kids, I don't get it. Claiming that any parent would get it is silly...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I never said it didn't happen, I simply said that I, as a parent, never did it.

I'm sure there are lots of parents who have never let their children run around in some sort of costume at a mall.

It was in response to your claim that those who "didn't get it" obviously didn't have kids. I have kids, I don't get it. Claiming that any parent would get it is silly...

That post was mostly aimed at folks who were posting earlier in the thread with a "sound of confusion" in their responses. I was simply trying to offer a very plausible explanation why someones child could be in an Apple Store dressed in a costume.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.