Google Maps Problem

Reaction score
Hi. Google maps won't load properly. (The map indicates a location, but you can't see the streets or anything. It is all just grey.) I recently moved to Istanbul and at first I thought the issue with google maps was because Google and Turkey are having issues with each other. I never had this issue in the U.S. However, I realized that not everyone here is having this problem. I have looked around on line to find an answer and I get the impression that this issue (or at least solving it) is operating system specific. I generally use firefox, but when I use safari google maps still behaves the same way. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you sure your ISP in Turkey isn't blocking Google Maps? It can't be operating system specific if Google Maps worked OK when you were in the US.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.