Best Barcode Scanner to input to a computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5Gz Late 2009 duo prosseser
I would like to be able to scan a Barcode and have it input it to a computer program my Mac like by typing it in whatever has focus.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to appropriate forum. This would not have anything to do with the iPhone/iPod operating system.

Your question is too generic and begs to fall by the wayside unanswered.

First thing, a scanner is not going to import into just whatever app happens to be in focus unless that app has this functionality built into it. Once you find an app that has the specific function that you're looking for, they all generally have scanners that are recommended for use with their app.

An appropriate question might be to tell us what it is, specifically, you want to do and ask how to accomplish that task.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5Gz Late 2009 duo prosseser
Well I thought that by using something like RDM or VNC I'd be ba able to input to a computer program ( that I made) and find me whatever I assigned that Barcode to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.