Safari & Youtube problem

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a iBook G4 running on Mac OS X 10.3.9 with a 1.07 GHz PowerPC G4 processor with 256 MB memory.

Each time I try accessing the Youtube website via Safari (1.3.2) the browser crashes. I know this is a common problem as I've googled it and there are lots of people having the same problem but there doesn't seem to be any answers.

Also everytime i try and download something, it downloads the whole file then says mounting failed. This happens with anything from firefox, adobe, itunes.

Can anyone help please?

PS I am new to Mac so be gentle with me please :Cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Hmmm... Well do you have your flash player up to date? That could cause the safari problem with youtube. Also make sure you have Java enabled. Have you tried Firefox with youtube? As for the mounting issue, sounds like an issue with the OS rather than the browser. Where do you have downloads set to default as? Go into preferences and make sure it says (Save Files to: Desktop)

OP
M
Reaction score
Flash player was upto date. But I uninstalled in to re try and now i can't install it because it wont mount properly.

Java is enabled.

Can;t install firefox as cant mount.

All downloads are saved to desktop already

:'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Flash player was upto date. But I uninstalled in to re try and now i can't install it because it wont mount properly.

Java is enabled.

Can;t install firefox as cant mount.

All downloads are saved to desktop already

:'(

Do you have access to another Computer? and do you have a USB flash/hard drive? Maybe you can manually get another browser on there to see if that helps.

OP
M
Reaction score
I have downloaded the files onto a memory stick then tried installing them on the iBook, I still get the mounting failed error.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.