Help! MBP won't boot to CD

Reaction score
I have a barely used 17 in Macbook Pro that unfortunately has windows XP as the only OS. I'm trying to boot straight to my OS X CD but the C key will not make that happen. I have also reset the PRAM/NVRAM to no avail. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
While in Windows insert the disc, go into the Boot Camp Control Panel, there's going to be a tab that says Startup Disc, open that. The OS X disc should be listed, if it is, select it and restart your computer.

OP
J
Reaction score
Part of the problem is that it's not using bootcamp, there's just one partition and it's all Windows XP. I'm learning as I go here...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
So you never even had Boot Camp installed in the first place? You could still try installing the Boot Camp drivers (as I assume you would have to have had on there for the hardware to work properly), and then try what I suggested in my previous reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Try holding down the option key when you start it with the disc in the drive. It should give you different boot options, just choose the OSX Install DVD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.