Macbook to HDMI tv Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26ghz 4GB, iPod nano 1st & 3rd gen., iPod touch 2nd gen.
SO I have a macbook pro, (the one before the one released during summer) and just recently bought an HDMI cable and the adapter for it. for some reason I can't get the resolutions to fill the screen completely or filling it too much! overscan is on and it fills it too much, if its off, it leaves a black space between my "screen on the tv" and the actual size of the tv. I have tried it on (i think its a 32 inch sharp tv) and also on my 22 inch emerson that i actually bought to use with my computer.. its making me mad! please help! ive gone to preference and messed with it so much i ran out of ideas :(

Screen shotof desktop.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
It may just be as simple as making sure that on your TV the image isn't zoomed. Try it out on the Sharp under View Mode and make sure it's set as "Dot by Dot" and overscan is on. I have a Sharp 32" TV and those settings work perfect, hope that works for you.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Please read the following Sticky Post. And do a forum search for the overscan problem as this has been answered numerous times.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@andresr

Do not cross post! Post in only one forum and continue posting to the same thread. Cross posting causes confusion and clutters the forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.