Blown Imac speakers

Reaction score
i have had my intel imac (the first one with the black and silver) for about 2-3 years. I was playing around on garage band before and i heard a pop then the left channel stopped playing. The volume was only at 7 bars (less than half) so i have no idea how it got damaged. I have gone into system settings and checked the balance settings but when the slider is all the way to the left side, there is no sound coming out.

Is there anyway to fix this problem? and how much will it cost to get it fixed by apple if its not under warranty?

Thanks for your help :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
If you can source another speaker you could replace it yourself but looking at a guide of ifixit, it looks like a pretty full on disassembly but if your confident then you could save yourself hundreds instead of sending it to Apple. Have a look

Installing iMac Intel 21.5" Left Speaker - iFixit

Thats for the 21.5" iMac, I wasn't sure which one you had but the steps should be similar to your model or they may have another guide for yours on there.

Reaction score
I'd personally just invest in a set of nice computer speakers, I'm using the altec Lansing FX3022 set and loving it. The white ones are really cheap on tigerdirect right now. Black are a little more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.