Macbook pro purchase in the USA(I'm not American)

Reaction score
Hey guys!
For my question I will need some of you who live in the USA.Or Some of you who know a lot about taxes:Confused:

I live in Europe,but one of my relatives is now in Florida,and she offered me that she would buy me a macbook pro.And I've looked them up in "apple.com",but I was told that the price does not contain TAX.

I know that "sales tax" in Florida is 6%, but websites are talking about something more,which is called "surtax",but I do not kow what it is...
So I would really like to know how much the full tax % is in Flordia for a Macbook Pro.

Because it is not the same if I have to multiply the amount by 6% or 9%.

Another quieston is the following:
The Macbook pro 15' 2,4ghz i5 is 1799$
The Macbook pro 15' 2,66ghz i7 (more hard drive,and 512mb video card ram) is 2199$

The difference is 400$. Is it worth it?

I need everyone who can help me!;)

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
State sales tax in Florida is 6%, however, many counties add an additional County tax. The difference is usually minimal. I live in SE Florida and taxes around here vary slightly depending on the County a city is in.

Miami 7%
Fort Lauderdale 6%
Palm Beach 6.5%

Florida Sales Tax Rates

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.