Macbook driver for wireless internet

Reaction score
Hey Guy n Gals,

Not sure if this is gonna be right place to do this ... but

Basically I'm triple booting Mac SL, Ubuntu, and Windows 7 ... theres reasons for it lol

So I've installed Ubuntu 10.10 latest release everything works except the WIRELESS INTERNET! ... wired works

The strange thing is there is a driver for my macbook 13inch 4th gen, but when i try an activate it i get some wired errors i've got a screenshot to make it easier to explain

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9654/wirelessdriverproblem.png

Any help would be so appreciated as I don't know who to talk to, no one seems to know Ubuntu, seems to be a sore subject on the mac lol

Many thanks

Ryan

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It looks like the driver failed to install. Probably either not correct for your MBP or poorly written. Typical Linux wireless woes although Ubuntu generally has been easier than other distros to get wireless working. Since 10.10 is newly released, that too may be the problem. Anyway, you really need to ask the folks in the Ubuntu forums. If anyone knows how to work around it, they do.

LINK

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I would also encourage you to run Ubuntu (or any Linux flavor) in a VM (VirtualBox, for example), where it is more manageable and drivers are a non-issue. Since 3D gaming is probably not at the top of your list in Linux, it will definitely make your life easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.