Griffin iTalk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Does anyone have one of these? I am thinking of getting one to record podcast ideas and possibly remote podcasts. Belkin is bringing out the TuneTalk which looks very cool but could be months before it hit the Canadia shores. Any opinions would be great.

Bone

B

badmojo

I think the sound quality for a potential Podcast here may not be good. If you want to do remote casts, I'd suggest getting a decent headset, it one's available.

OP
boneheadz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
badmojo said:
I think the sound quality for a potential Podcast here may not be good. If you want to do remote casts, I'd suggest getting a decent headset, it one's available.

I wasn't expecting great quality. But it sounds like it would be okay for recording on the run and then re record. What I meant by remote casts is I would like to record while I am on the road and then download the file and mix it in garage band. What do you mean by good headset, I have one, can it be plugged into the imic? Phones and mic?

Bone

OP
boneheadz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I answered my own question the imic can be connected to an external mic and headphone.

Bone

OP
boneheadz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just thought I would dominate this tread.

Bought the italk and...

does not have seperate headphone jack so you can not monitor as you record.

does not work with the mini, I should have read the website its right there in big letters.

now I need an option for recording on the road that can easily be transfered to the computer for around the same price.

even though I could not use it it seems to be a well put together product the speaker actually sounded not bad, I recomend it.

bone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You could try installing the linux for ipod software and using that to record...although they don't officially support them yet, so you'd have to be ok installing the developers version.
Or just get a cheap flash player with line/mic in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.