iWeb. Bilingual page. How?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac & macbook
I'm designing a web site with iWeb. But..... my problem is that I want to do it bilingual (Welsh / English). I want to do this:

1st page as welcome page and language preference hyperlink. After clicking the preferred language, you then enter the site in that language with 'headers / links on top' (as set in the templates).

1. I can't seem to find the right terminology for 'header / links on top'.

2. Is there a way of setting up the 1st page so that you don't see the 'headers / links on top'? Then... when your in the preferred language.... you see the 'headers / links'....

If I just do it as it is.... I'll have double the 'headers / links' in both languages, making it very confusing for the viewer.... and a lot of visible bulk!

Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Bore da! (I'm from Cardiff originally...)

2) Open the inspector, choose the page settings (first option) and uncheck "show navigation".

I suspect you might need to basically set up two separate iWeb sites though: one in english, one in welsh. That would avoid the issue of the menu being duplicated.

Alternatively, don't use the built-in. automatic menu and create your own instead. That way you can choose to show it in english or welsh as necessary.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac & macbook
Helo, sumai Aptmunich? Diolch am gymeryd sylw.

I suspect you might need to basically set up two separate iWeb sites though: one in english, one in welsh. That would avoid the issue of the menu being duplicated.

Alternatively, don't use the built-in. automatic menu and create your own instead. That way you can choose to show it in english or welsh as necessary.

1. If I do two separate iWeb sites..... how do I publish it to the same web address / server? (sorry.... a real newbie in web design!!)

2. Built in menu? As in the templates?.....

3. 'Create your own'?... hmmm. I'll read up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.