service.log

Reaction score
Annoying file messing up home folder :Grimmace: is there anything I can do to stop this file (service.log) from appearing in my home folder after everytime I log on? It's so annoying :-(
Any help is much appreciated :-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hi!

Without knowing what applications is creating the file it's almost impossible to get rid of it.
What you can do, is it make it invisible. That way the application can still access it but you can't see it anymore.
Download Cloak from Apple downloads, Apple - Downloads - System/Disk Utilities - Cloak
Select the file in the list and check "Invisible Finder Attribute". That way the file still has the exact same name but it is just hidden.

Before you hide the file, take it and open it with TextEdit.
If it is readable TextEdit will show the contents and you can maybe find out what app owns it by looking at it's contents.

OP
T
Reaction score
:-d

Hi McYukon,

Thank you very much for your reply I have downloaded Cloak and hidden the file which makes my home folder look a lot more tidy now!

I have opened the file as you said - it is blank :\

Really can't think where it is from but as long as it isn't there annoying me.

Thanks again for your reply!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.