Need help Installing Mac os 9.2.1

Reaction score
Hi i have a PowerBook G3 Lombard right now it has a version of Xubuntu and i am trying to install Mac OS 9.2, but it wont boot from the cd at startup while pressing "C" i really dont understand much about it but here are some pictures of the errors that i am getting.

I get this when i try to boot with "C" It freezes here and wont do anything else

whentryingtobootfromwithC.jpg

I get this while trying to boot the cd from this Yaboot the ELF error comes when trying to install Xubuntu 10 and the Malloc Failed comes when i try to install Mac OS 9

whentrayingtoinstallxubandthenmacos9.jpg

I dont have much experience with command or this programs please help!

Reaction score
Try holding down C right after the startup chime, don't wait for the Yaboot/Grub menu.
Also try resetting the PRAM, hold down cmd-opt-P-R on restart and let it chime at least 3 times.

OP
G
Reaction score
"Try holding down C right after the startup chime, don't wait for the Yaboot/Grub menu.
Also try resetting the PRAM, hold down cmd-opt-P-R on restart and let it chime at least 3 times"

I reset PRAM like you said, i dint help :( when i try to hold c right after the chime, it will take me to Ubuntu bootstrap and start to boot up the cd but it will freeze like i show in the picture. Do i need to format my hardrive again? any other suggestions ? i have try to startup MacOS 9.2, Xubuntu 10.04 and Linux Mint and it does the same thing.

Reaction score
Something else to try:
Boot into open firmware (cmd-opt-o-f at startup)
type: reset-nvram
type: reset-all
Should reboot, immediately press and hold c. "Should" boot from the cd.

OP
G
Reaction score
"Something else to try:
Boot into open firmware (cmd-opt-o-f at startup)
type: reset-nvram
type: reset-all
Should reboot, immediately press and hold c. "Should" boot from the cd."

I reset nvram. but when i press c right after restart it took me to Ubuntu Bootstrap and it freezes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Tell us about the CD you are using ~ is it from another mac or a full retail install?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.