How do I change this icon's name

Reaction score
Hello, I wanna change the name of this icon , i tried my best but i couldn't , i attached a pictures that shows the icon . Thank you :)

Screen shot 2010-10-14 at 5.40.06 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
That icon stands for your Home folder, which cannot be changed without causing serious problems. The best thing to do is create a new user and be sure to name it exactly what you want. Then copy all your files into the new home folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
That icon stands for your Home folder, which cannot be changed without causing serious problems. The best thing to do is create a new user and be sure to name it exactly what you want. Then copy all your files into the new home folder.

Seconded. I can tell you from personel experience that changing the name to your home folder will only lead to huge headaches.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Why are you going to format it? Nobody said anything about formatting. They said create a new account. System Preferences > Accounts. Hit the plus sign.

C

chas_m

The reason the OP is going to format it is because:

a. this machine wasn't his originally
b. he doesn't have any of his stuff on it yet, and
c. he must have the restore discs OR a retail box set so he can put all the default stuff back.

If I'm right, he is doing quite the right thing for him.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.