15" MBP 2.16 Core Duo "Matte" owners - what's your part & model number?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm having a run-in with my insurance company. My original 15 inch 2.16Ghz Core Duo MacBook Pro was stolen, and they want to replace it with a Glossy screen version. (I want the Matte one not the Glossy).

Why do they want to do that? Because they looked up my serial # in Apple's records and according to Apple, the only 2.16G Core Duo MBPs were Glossy.

See the product matrix on How to identify MacBook Pro models

Question: where are the 15" matte 2.16G Core Duo MBPs? There are "core 2 duo" versions, and there are non-glossy ones with slower speeds, but no matte 15" 2.16G core duo ones.

My part number is MA601B/A, and model number A1150.

I believe that in the US the part number may be Z0DF0000C but the model num is still A1150.

Could I ask for your help?

It would be useful for me if I could have some confirmation from different people with the same specification machine that I had - both in Glossy and in Matte.

What's the Part number of your machine? What's the Model number?

These are printed on a sticker on the rear (bottom) of the original cardboard box that the MBP ships in.

If you can help, that would be great! Thanks in advance.

My thought is that both the Glossy screen and the Matte screens probably have the same part and/or model number (A1150), and for some reason the two are getting lumped into one on Apple's end.

Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
B
Reaction score
It's so aggravating that Apple do a lookup on my serial number and tell me it's Matte, when it clearly wasn't. They are absolutely insistent on it, though the case is being escalated up their engineering staff (they're actually being quite good about doing that - it's just their conclusion that's wrong).

They're looking at it in terms of "We have this thing tracked right through the factory and distribution chain, and we know exactly what it is", whereas I'm looking at it in terms of "well I know what I bought, and what it was as I used it for 4 years, and the label on the box doesn't say glossy, and I know that there are other people with the same model and part number whose machines are Matte too, so why can't you just believe me that it really was Matte?". And never the twain shall meet.

My only hope might be to convince the insurance company that the label on the box that does not state "glossy" (not matte either) actually means that it was matte.

So if anyone can provide a picture of the label from the box of a 15" 2.16G Core Duo that actually states "glossy", with otherwise the same specs, then perhaps they'll take my word for it as they see that mine is different? (Please, anyone that has a glossy one and still has the box, can you take a look at it and perhaps provide a photo?)

Thanks...

OP
B
Reaction score
Success at last - Apple finally acknowledges my laptop correctly as Matte! The person I talked to didn't know exactly what had gone on in Engineering but did say something about "mixup with models". I hope this might help other people too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.