Where does Ical store its data?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 27inch, 2017, OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D127a)
My iCal has many repeating appointments which do not show as "Stop recurrence".

I do not want to delete each appointment by hand, and was thinking of delving into the iCal data file to try and do it. Does anyone know where it is stored please?

Is there another way to solve my problem?

Thanks,

Brian

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks CWA107.

I am a singing teacher and use iCal to store my students' appointments. Many of them are repeating through the year. I also use iCal as a record of past years' teaching.

I don't synch iCal with anything but simply use it as a stand-alone utility.

The problem is that some of the past appointments for students that have left keep repeating, but I can't delete them by clicking on "stop recurrence", which is greyed out. There about ten of these unwanted appointments that keep recurring each week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Thanks CWA107.

I am a singing teacher and use iCal to store my students' appointments. Many of them are repeating through the year. I also use iCal as a record of past years' teaching.

I don't synch iCal with anything but simply use it as a stand-alone utility.

The problem is that some of the past appointments for students that have left keep repeating, but I can't delete them by clicking on "stop recurrence", which is greyed out. There about ten of these unwanted appointments that keep recurring each week.

The Calendars are saved in USERS > YOUR NAME > LIBRARY > CALENDARS. Even so, you can't do anything with the files contained there-in.

You need to find the very first instance of an appointment and either delete it or turn off recurrence. If you take the latest and delete it past ones will keep renewing themselves. It's a pain.

Alternately you could just create a whole new calendar and delete the old one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.