E-mail JPEG attachment from Mac opens the image

Reaction score
When my husband send a JPEG as an attachment from his Mac e-mail to my Lotus Notes or yahoo e-mail it opens the image and I cannot save the file as a JPEG. What am I missing? Is there something he can do differently? To him the attachment looks fine.

OP
K
Reaction score
When I right click I get Document Properties, Copy etc but Save as is not an option. I can highlight and copy into a word document but I cannot save as a jpeg.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Try dragging the image from where it's lodged in attachments, to the desktop. What application would you normally use to open a .jpg image? Hopefully that will open the image. Then use File > Save As.

The same action should work with a browser, if you drag the attached .jpg across the browser icon. I've tested it with both a .gif and a .jpg, using Camino (a lesser relative of FFox).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.