Can't load new programmes

B

businessmoon

When I try to load Firefox or a new bit torrent client, I keep getting the error message " coded overrun, cannot load file)

Any ideas, other than throw the machine at the wall ?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Any details?

OS version? Machine type? Are you copying the apps from the dmg files into your apps folder before running them? Have you repaired permissions?

Try reinstalling OS X?

Throw us a bone here!

OP
B

businessmoon

Dohhh

I am running osx 10.3 on a G4 powerbook.
Even if the dmg is self installing, it fails and the same message appears. I wasn't sure if the fact that I am using a download manager might be causing the problem, but I don't particularly want to scrap the programme unless I have to.

Aptmunich said:
Any details?

OS version? Machine type? Are you copying the apps from the dmg files into your apps folder before running them? Have you repaired permissions?

Try reinstalling OS X?

Throw us a bone here!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The download manager shouldn't really make a difference, but try bypassing it anyway if you can, just to make sure.

Try repairing permission though if you haven't yet: Goto applications>utilities>Disk Utility and select your harddrive.

Then hit repair disk permissions and let it run.

Oh and before you throw the machine against the wall, send it over to me :)

OP
B

businessmoon

Thanks

Cheers mate, I will try out the what you have suggested.

Aptmunich said:
The download manager shouldn't really make a difference, but try bypassing it anyway if you can, just to make sure.

Try repairing permission though if you haven't yet: Goto applications>utilities>Disk Utility and select your harddrive.

Then hit repair disk permissions and let it run.

Oh and before you throw the machine against the wall, send it over to me :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.