Internet issues

Reaction score
Mac home - internet is fast with no problems.
>>>
At lake, I can have my wife's PC 6" from my mac (MBP) her PC gets internet
just fine. On my mac I get Internet homepage, and then it just sits and spins. Can't do anything with it. When I do the "network diagnostics" it shows me "Airport", Airport settings", Network Settings" all green - but the ISP, Internet, and server are red . . . sometimes green . . . changing to red again.

Other then the obvious that I am not getting a good signal, why is it that the PC which is in the same place has no problem getting the signal. Doesn't matter if the PC is on or off the mac signal still is low.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Do I need to change some settings?

Any suggestions welcome, and appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
I would try power cycling the modem and the wireless router as well as blowing the connection away on the Mac and trying it again. To blow it away go to System Preferences > Network > AirPort > Advanced > click on network and then -.

Ish

Reaction score
windows/ mac problem

Hi, just got a quick question, I recently installed windows xp on my imac and am not sure how to get the xp to connect to the internet. Not quite sure what to do? I run my mac's internet from the airport so there are no wires involved

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.