iWork versus MS Office for MAC

Reaction score
i did search the posts for an answer to my question before posting this, and came up empty. it could be that i just did not phrase my search right, but..
i have been using iWork on my macbook for a few years, but had to breakdown and buy the ms office for mac recently.

my question is: when i open email attachments, most of which are generated by ms office on a pc somewhere, i now have to tell my macbook that i want the documents, spreadsheet, power point, etc opened in iwork applications. is there a way to automatically force these attachments to be opened in the associated iWork application rather than the associated office for mac application?

thanks
jsamac

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Select a file of the type that you want to change (ie. ppt presentation, word doc, etc) > right-click > Get Info > Open With > change to appropriate app > "Change All..."

That will change the system wide default (not just attachments). Will that do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.