Disappearing Application???

Reaction score
Sup yall. I installed a rosetta stone program a while back, and I went to use it recently after a few months of inactivity, and I cannot find the Application icon anywhere on my Mac. I tried to re-install the program app, but when I tried that, it said that there was a newer version of the program already installed on my computer so I could not proceed. This leads me to believe that it must be there somewhere, but as of right now, I cannot use my program at all. I have checked directly from the finder and the only thing that I find related to the rosetta stone program is the .m4a files, but no application. Any help with the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Matty

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How did you search for the program? Spotlight search? To make sure, open the Finder and navigate to MacIntosh HD/Applications. Is it there? If not, it's possible that it was accidentally deleted but there are remains of it still installed and that's why you can't reinstall.

In that case, use Spotlight search to find all references to Rosetta Stone and delete them. Then try reinstalling the program from your original CDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Also try Utilities as it does hapen some applications do get stored there.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yea I have checked directly from the finder and the only thing that I find related to the rosetta stone program is the .m4a files, but no application.

OP
D
Reaction score
My Application Disappeared!!

Greetings. I installed a rosetta stone program a while back, and I went to use it recently after a few months of inactivity, and I cannot find the Application icon anywhere on my Mac. I tried to re-install the program app, but when I tried that, it said that there was a newer version of the program already installed on my computer so I could not proceed. This leads me to believe that it must be there somewhere, but as of right now, I cannot use my program at all. I have checked directly from the finder and the only thing that I find related to the rosetta stone program is the .m4a files, but no application. Any help with the problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much.

Matty

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Please no crossposting the same question in multiple threads.

Reaction score
Dissappearing Application: Rosetta Stone

I hope this thread isn't dead yet.

I'm having the same problem described on this thread. I installed Rosetta Stone V3.4.5 on my Snow Leopard mac recently, and tried to upgrade it to include some new language levels. They seemed not to be recognized and so I tried to uninstall the software to roll back to the previous version of the program.

That's when the problem started, and the messages I receive now are the same as the one in the first post: It will not allow me to install the previous version even though I deleted the Application from the computer. (it detects a newer version already installed)

I tried other forums and deleted the files in the application support folders, and even tried fixing permissions with the Disk Utility program, directly from the MacOS X DVD

I'm thinking there is some remaining file hidden somewhere which will not allow the installation of older versions, but I can't find it.

Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Regarding problems with Rosetta Stone...

Is this thread closed? I would really appreciate any help regarding this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Reinstall the same version, use the uninstaller or a third-party uninstaller to purge it, then try to install the older one. ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.