squares on the screen

Reaction score
Hi forum.

I have a new 17" Macbook Pro (< 2 month), and several times since I bought it, its screen showed some strange squares/rectangles. It happened, for example, when scrolling down in the Firefox window. The squares looked like they contained pieces of "old" screen that did not refresh.

I was able to take a screen shot that shows the anomaly:
fileUPYOURS.com

What do you think that this could possibly be? I appreciate your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Since the anomaly shows up in the screenshot, it's graphics related. I suggest since the machine is new that you make an appointment with your local Apple genius and have it looked at. It's possible that it might be caused by software. You might want to make note of when it happens and which program or browser you have running when it occurs. Take that info with you when you visit Apple.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that.

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Since the anomaly shows up in the screenshot, it's graphics related. I suggest since the machine is new that you make an appointment with your local Apple genius and have it looked at. It's possible that it might be caused by software. You might want to make note of when it happens and which program or browser you have running when it occurs. Take that info with you when you visit Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.