illustrator

Reaction score
i am new to using adobe illustrator and i am getting super frustrated. no matter what i do when i go and save my image for the web, the edges get all pixelated. anybody know how how i can fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
what resolution is the initial image? are you going through Save for Web and highlighting the best for jpeg? If you're saving it for web what size are you going for? Is the preview different from the output? Sorry for the multitude of questions... ;)

M

meanopause

you want to make a shape behind the image you're working with, and color it the same color as the background of your web page. what's happening is that illustrator is making a transparent image and it starts to act funky. if you're using a white background, then it should be fine.

it's kind of hard to articulate, so i've attached a quick example.

picture121vc.jpg

ok. on the left apple, when i created the graphic, i put a black box behind it then i saved it for web. on the right apple, i just made the object and saved it for web. the pseudo transperancy just screws it all up.

i'm not a web designer, but I hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.