Does AppleCare????????

OP
donnation25
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 1GB RAM Superdrive; 12" powerbook 512mb RAM G4 Superdrive
Thanks guys, cashed it immediately and deposited the money back in my account. Just ordered one from apple directly. Thanks for the support!!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Abdiel said:
The BBB is completely freekin' worthless. All they do is make a list of complaints against companies. Unless you checked with them before you bought and discovered that there were other problems lodged against them then you are out of luck. The only possible help they might be is if the company happens to be a member of the BBB and really cares if they can retain their sticker on the door.

They might contact them to let them know a complaint has been filed but they really do nothing to help you resolve it and they have no real influence with most businesses.

Once you've done the deal it's too late.

I always thought the BBB would help consumers deal with bad companies....what I discovered is that even to file a report they wanted to charge me money.

Don't waste your time.

Wow, thanks for that. I thought they would help. It sound, like they need to go out of business.

R

Racing666

im glad you held your composure somewhat...i would have been in a backseat with hands behind my back if i were in your shoes..i don't take getting screwed over very well and would have been pushed to just bust him upside the head a few times lol..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air, 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
Very glad it went well in the end. Unfortunately, it seems like things often have to get nasty for people to act on a customer's complaint. I am an expert at this, I got refunds on everything that I deemed was not in perfect conditions or suited for whatever it was that I bought it for.

I very recently stopped a cheque I gave to a builder (people from ****, everyone knows that...) who was due to plaster my study INCLUDING behind the radiators, when I realised that he had only done so behind one radiator. Sure enough that got him back. I also had a similar experience with another *******, a gardener this time, who was due to add some gravel to my front garden and brought one that did not match my own as per my specific instructions. He lied twenty times over regarding where he got the gravel from, cliaming that it was just a different batch from my own, but not a different gravel after all. Unconveinced, I called the people who supply stones and asked them whether such-and-such had bought half a ton of Gold Coast gravel that morning and, sure enough, nobody had. When I spoke to him again, telling him that he really should not **** around with me, he finally confessed that, yes, the gravel wasn't the same. I stopped his cheque also, got him to come back with the gravel I wanted as per original instructions, kept the first gravel he put down, the new one he added and gave him £ 10 less for the inconvenience he caused me. I can tell you though, if I were a guy... I'd break somebody's face sometimes.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Stephanella said:
I can tell you though, if I were a guy... I'd break somebody's face sometimes.
All I can say is OUCH!

B

biologist

Your right. Apple don't care one bit.

donnation25 said:
Bought my brother a 17" iMac G5 for his birthday from a local dealer. To make a long story short the I've taken it in there 5 times and they are refusing to replace it. It is only 2 weeks old and it won't boot up without the pinwheel of death constantly spinning. My brother is very good on Mac's and he hasn't installed any 3rd party software. The dealer just keeps making me bring it back in for repairs. I've demanded a refund and they are refusing saying that Apple won't allow it. What should I do, I've called apple and they say that I have to take it up with the dealer. This is total BS!!!

I recently bought a 15 inch Powerbook, within the frist 2 weeks the HDD failed. It took them 10weeks just to get a new HDD, and when I got it back it was scratched. Now The silver coating is melting off the keyboard probably due to core temp over heating. Apple has made it impossible to lodge formal complain by the very design of their web structure. And have rid themselves of liability by outsourcing service related matters to a deregulated body of authorised service centres, who do whatever they can not to honour your Apple products service agreement because as a business all they care about is the bottom line. Apple along with their share price increase has become extremely cocky! People want a quality product thats what sets Apple apart from the rest. Not anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Core 2 Duo MacBook (home); Core Solo mini (work)
Abdiel said:
The BBB is completely freekin' worthless. All they do is make a list of complaints against companies. Unless you checked with them before you bought and discovered that there were other problems lodged against them then you are out of luck. The only possible help they might be is if the company happens to be a member of the BBB and really cares if they can retain their sticker on the door.

They might contact them to let them know a complaint has been filed but they really do nothing to help you resolve it and they have no real influence with most businesses.

Once you've done the deal it's too late.

I always thought the BBB would help consumers deal with bad companies....what I discovered is that even to file a report they wanted to charge me money.

Don't waste your time.

Hmm. This was not my experience at all when dealing with the BBB. My wife and I had a problem with our local cable company and contacted the BBB to file a complaint. We were not charged anything to file and the BBB was quite helpful with taking care of the problem (they contacted the cable company on our behalf and things changed quickly soon after).

From the front of their main webpage (www.bbb.org):

"If you think that a company or charity has treated you unfairly, file a complaint online. We will contact the organization to help resolve the issue."

Perhaps there are differences with affiliated offices from state to state, but the office we worked with (we live in Philadelphia) was very helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
wow, this is the exact same thing that heppened to me, i wanted some work done on my ibook, the screen was cracked, and i called apple and they said i had to take it to the dealer, and if he said it ok to send, the work would have been done, all he had to say was yes, and i couldn't gotten it shipped but he said no, and i called apple again and said that only a dealer could do something.

P

PowerbookG417

its too bad you didn't stick with it.
my Imac has been in service now 4 times i have had to superdrive replacements and one logic board..i was now told that my issue was with the bezel and LCD so they were going to repalce that, but then my logic board started acting up, constantly freezing up. so i called the repair depo i deal with and they so no im not going to do the service this is crazy to have to replace this much.. call apple

And that i did..i spoke with a couple of ppl and ended up with a Customer Realtions Rep...this is the person you wanted to talk to all along..i have the 17" model aswell and this guy was so nice to me..he say i was having major issues with my machine and in 5 mins offered to replace my whole machine for me...and even upgraded me to the 20" model no questions asked.

Instead if dealing with this pathedic store owner you should have gone right to the company, especially with the way the store treated you i could probably almost guarentee that apple would have replaced the machine for you no questions asked !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.