Having Connection Problems w/Samsung LCD to Macbook

Reaction score
I just purchased a 20" Samsung SyncMater P2050 LCD monitor to hook up to my Macbook. I also bought the mini-DVI to VGA adapter, the cabling is right. After powering on the Samsung and booting my MacBook the Samsung is recognized and the snow leopard desktop comes up on the Samsung. I am able to get to the monitor set up in the preferences window, and move the external monitor to where I want it. After a short time the Samsung screen starts pulsating, first at the out side edges of the display, it progressively gets worse, ad then the screen goes black. This happens every time I shut down the Samsung and then power it back on.

To troubleshoot I even connected my second Macbook to the Samsung and the same thing happens?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

-UM

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My best advice would be to take it back and get a replacement (or better yet, a different brand).

You would also be better served using DVI Rather than VGA with any monitor you purchase today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.