Speakers Suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro - 2.4GHz C2D - 4GB RAM - 250GB Hard Drive
I'm looking at a set of good speakers (and reasonably priced) to go with my MBP. I'm thinking Logitech is the way to go. Logitech I find to be the biggest bang for your buck speaker wise. Any suggestions?

I'm looking for only 2 speakers but if a good set comes with a subwoofer thats fine.

*I have the Logitech V20's now - not sure if I want to keep these or get a new set.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Take a look at the CNET review for computer speakers. LINK Unfortunately my taste in computer speakers is out of line with what I can afford. I'd love to have a set of Bose to go along with my current big Bose setup but we need to spend the $$$ on more essential things. :Smirk:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Unfortunately my taste in computer speakers is out of line with what I can afford.

I think that this is a very common problem!!! And extends well beyond the scope of computer speakers...at least in my case!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I'm looking at a set of good speakers (and reasonably priced) to go with my MBP.

Tell us more about your computer setup physical. We can take an educated guess from the fact that you're using a MBP, but more detail would help, eg. wired or wireless.

If you have room, I'd recommend an external amplifier connected to quality speakers. Mac audio output is good, but not great.

So, I'd suggest something like a quality but inexpensive amp from Aiwa, Sony or Technics, coupled to quality speakers. I like JVC for their efficiency, but I use Technics with my computer audio setup, and they are very good. All items in the audio setup are 2-hand, either found, or bought at online auction. Total cost - about US$30 (and that's a guess!).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.