Missing Address Bar

PNO

Reaction score
On my wife's MacBook Pro the Safari address bar disappeared. The customizer doesn't work. Can't drag default setup to the toolbar area. It won't add.

I already repaired disc permissions and deleted the Safari.plist file. Still nothing adds or returns the address or search spaces to the toolbar.

This started after she mistakenly dragged the Safari icon from the dock to the trash.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Next thing to try is reinstalling Safari. Google "download safari".

OP
P

PNO

Reaction score
My wife was an update or two behind so I downloaded the latest and the prodigal address bar returned to its rightful place. Thanks for your suggestion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Just a "postscript" . . .

Dragging an icon from the Dock to, well, anywhere else, is not a source of any problem. When an icon is dragged off the Dock, it disappears, but the item it was "pointing to" remains. Simply find that item in its usual folder, and drag it back to the Dock to restore the original condition.

You can't actually put an icon from the Dock into the Trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.