AppleCare?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 (soon)
Is AppleCare neccesarry? And is it worth it becasue I can't see myself forking over another $250 for something useless?
Thanks

B

badmojo

Many on this forum would say get it. I've read many stories where A/C got people brand new gear when theirs failed. I have it, personally, but if your PB is more than a year old, you may not qualify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
It paid off on my powerbook. Had a problem that would have cost 470 bucks in service to get fixed. So even if I never use it again it has already saved me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Too bad the battery is only covered for 6 months...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
If you can't afford AppleCare, try some third party insurance for your laptop. At my university,I pay 1/10 of the price of AppleCare for similar(ish) peace of mind. I have to pay for parts but I don't expect the Powerbook to break down.

J

j4kovzky

i was on the same boat as you when i was on the hunt for my very first powerbook/mac. take it like this, would drive your car or buy a new car and drive it without an auto insurance? it's a peace of mind for you and your powerbook. i got it, i know it "HURTS" for $349. like as they say "you never know..."
hope this thread helps you decide.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.