OS DVD with cd drive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook, G3, OS X 10.4, 800mhz
I have been searching for a cd set for tiger, but have been unable to get one. A friend has a DVD of tiger. Is there any way short of installing a DVD drive onto my iBook that i can get tiger on? I have a DVD/cd burner on my PC.

Thanks
:\

Eta: she says she has tiger on DVD, only 1 disk. Is that correct or is she missing something

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Regardless of whether or not you could get this to work, you cannot borrow someone else's install discs to install OS X on your machine. Doing so would violate the EULA.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook, G3, OS X 10.4, 800mhz
So what's the difference in me buying her disk and one off eBay?
Other than she wants $20 and not $50+ ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
So what's the difference in me buying her disk and one off eBay?
Other than she wants $20 and not $50+ ?

Nothing. You're welcome to buy it from wherever you want. I think Vansmith was just concerned that you might be considering pirating it.

As far as installing it, that's a toughy.

I think (if your friend is willing to humor you), you should be able to use her Mac to install Tiger on your machine via Target Disk mode. Perhaps someone else can jump in here and correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost certain its possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.