iPad question for photographers..

Reaction score
Hi guys, just a quick Q about the Ipad and how useful it could be in the field for photographers.

is there any way of getting pictures from a Compact Flash card to an ipad without using a computer? I know apple do a camera connector but that is only for SD cards, i use a canon 1dsmkIII which uses both a CF and SD memory card system.

cheers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13' Macbook Pro i5
Hi guys, just a quick Q about the Ipad and how useful it could be in the field for photographers.

is there any way of getting pictures from a Compact Flash card to an ipad without using a computer? I know apple do a camera connector but that is only for SD cards, i use a canon 1dsmkIII which uses both a CF and SD memory card system.

cheers!

Well there is a usb adapter and then you can just get a simple adapter, I don't know if your camera has a usb out connector, I know my T1i has a micro USB connector.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4Ghz, 250HDD, 4Gb RAM, o/s 10.6.4 -:- iPod Touch, 32Gb, O/S 4.0.2 (used mostly as a PDA)
I don't have an iPad but from what I understand any USB adapter for the iPad's dock connection will need power so a standard card reader will not be recognised :(

However This Little Beastie looks as if it could do the job. Is this the one you mentioined above? If you look at the description it says it can handle both SD cards (in a card reading slot) + transfer direct from your camera via USB.

The kit includes two connectors, each with a different interface:
>> The Camera Connector features a USB interface. Just plug it into the dock connector port on your iPad, then attach your digital camera or iPhone using a USB cable (not included). iPhone 3G is not supported.
>> Use the SD Card Reader to import photos directly from your camera's SD card. Connect it to your iPad, then insert your digital camera's SD card into the slot.

Dave B

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.