the weirdest, most annoy problem ever - pllllleease help!!

Reaction score
firstly, i'm not at all sure i'm posting this in the right place, so please tell me if i'm not.

the issue is this. i use gmail, in fact i rely on it, and i can't access my emails at the moment, although it seems i can log in...I can hear you all saying 'just troubleshoot this on the google website...but i have tried, and it doesn't work, literally there is no cure for this, so it must be related to my machine in some way...

the problem is that i log in, ie enter username and password, and then the page just refreshes, showing me as logged in (the username appears in bold), but essentially asking for my password again (without any error message coming up to say it's incorrect (because it isn't incorrect, also i have more than one gmail account and the same thing happens with all of them) it just refreshes, again and again and again, never opening up the page with my emails.

google's troubleshooting says clear your cache, which i've done and it does nothing. I also have this problem in every browser (firefox, opera, camino and safari)...yet i can access my inbox when logging in through the browser on my blackberry...so i am completely stumped.

I am not a techie in any way, so i don't know whether it could be a firewall issue, because i'm not 100% sure what a firewall even is, but i've ****** around with a few internet settings turning it on and off, and nothing seems to work.

I'm at my wits end, genuinely considering just buying a new mac, which i'd rather not do....if you need to know i'm using an old ish imac, the ones from 2007 time, and running 10.4.11.

I would be so unbelievably happy with any suggestions for what to try...in fact i'd track you down and buy you an ice cream. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Dont know of a fix, but have you tried setting up Gmail in the Mac Mail App ?? I have mine set up in ac Mail and its the only email client that i DONT have problems with ...

Just a suggestion if you need it that bad

Oh and welcome :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
thread title

Oh, never mind . . .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.