Force non-standard screen resolution

K

kenjyoung

Hi - this is my first post and I am still finding my feet so please bear with me if I have missed anything out!!

I have a Mac Mini - Tiger, 10.4.2 - 1.42 G4, 512 MB RAM, Monitor: Philips 170B4

I am use Real VNC server (on the Mac) and the viewer on my XP Laptop. I am looking for a way to change the screen resolution so that it will match my laptop. The laptop has a 17" widescreen monitor and because this is a different ratio to the Philips monitor my Mac does not fill the screen when I am connecting to it remotely.

Is there any way that I can get Tiger to show display resolutions that will enable me to view the remote session in true widescreen rather than the Philips native 4:3 resolution?

Cheers

OP
K

kenjyoung

Fallooza said:
you can change the screen resolution in sys. preferences.

Thanks but there is only display resolutions that are all 4:3, there are none that are "widescreen". It is like the Mini knows what resolutions the screen is capable of displaying and it hides the ones that I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I thought there was a way to force it to show all possible resolutions, but I can't find it at the moment...
Anyone?

OP
K

kenjyoung

Yeah, I am sure that I read that you were able to show all possible somewhere also but I have not been able to locate it on the web....

Cheers for the help.

OP
K

kenjyoung

Anyone else have any ideas on how to force all display options on Tiger?

OP
K

kenjyoung

Cheers for that - I will give it a go when I get out of London back home (whenever that may be!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wow, London must be crazy again at the moment, have a safe journey home!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
what if you unplug the screen from the mini, and they use it with vnc, maybe you can change the resolution then so it uses your whole laptop screen... unless you are in london and your computer is in the states? any way, good luck and have a safe journey on the way home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
is this possible to do with an ibook?

EDIT:n/m i didnt understand the post i guess...ignore me

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.