Problem with Keyboard Numpad

Reaction score
I am currently using the Logitech MX 5500 (Keyboard and Mouse Combo). Although its not officially supported, I already have it because I used it for my Windows 7 Desktop and it works almost fine when connected to my 2009 Macbook Pro.

The problem I am having is that when I use my number pad it it presses a key before and after each number on the numpad. I am not sure what this key is because nothing actually shows up in the text box i am typing in. There is also a delay to this mystery key of about 2-3 sec. When using a program like Excel it has become very annoying due to the mystery key deleting whatever may be highlighted when it decides to register. So if i type something in then select another box, it deletes whatever is in the box that is selected ~ 2 seconds later.

I found a program that displays on screen what keys are being pressed as i type them and this is what the symbol looks like:

I'm not sure exactly what this key is.

So when i use the numpad and just want to type in 123 then this is what the keyboard does:

"mysterykey" 123 "2 second delay" "mysterykey"

Does anyone know what this key is?
If I cannot get rid of the key, possibly is there a program that i can download to change what the key does (like change it to the option key or ctrl key or something that wont be nearly as annoying)?

OP
A
Reaction score
Does anyone at least know what the symbol above stands for on a keyboard?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.