Need HELP!!!

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
The installation of Snow Leopard on my iMac causes me a big big big pain.
I used to have Tiger on my iMac. I have a MacBookPro with SL installation. I wanted to install the SL to my iMac...
So I erased the hard disk (I have all my data on an internal hard) made a partition (Guid) restarted my computer BUT i still get the message "mac os x can't be installed on this computer" Since I can not find my original installation discs and having the grey installation disc of Snow Leopard I don't really know what to do.
Can anyone of you help me please?
Barna

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

The Snow Leopard disk set for your MacBook Pro is specific to that machine and will not work on the iMac. You will have to purchase a Snow Leopard retail DVD in order to install SL on the iMac. The Snow Leopard upgrade DVD is $29 but does not include iLife and other apps. The full Snow Leopard boxed set is more expensive but does include all apps.

The other choice for you is to give Apple customer support a call and ask them to send you a set of original disks for your iMac. Install the original OS and then upgrade to Snow Leopard.

OP
B
Reaction score
arrrgh.... What is the chance that the SL upgrade will not work and I still have to purchase the Tiger what was the operation system previously used on my Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The thousands and thousands of times folk are told here and at other forums system discs from another machine will not install on a different model and still it goes on. If you want Snow Leopard on your iMac, and it is an intel model, purchase the retail install DVD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
.... What is the chance that the SL upgrade will not work and I still have to purchase the Tiger what was the operation system previously used on my Mac?

If the iMac has the proper specs, that would be zero.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.