i need a cooling/ docking station for my macbook

Reaction score
i need a cooling station that also charges the mac prefferably, that can be used on you lap comfortably. as my mac is used 10 hrs a day and gets awfully hot!
it is not the latest macbook out but the one before that if that helps. if there isnt one that charges and cools i could just use my charger.

i have thought about the ilap stand but not sure if it will be good enough?

any suggestions?

thanks,

bomz94

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I don't think what you're looking for is a "docking station". Docking stations typically allow one to easily plug into a number of peripherals, making the machine act as though it were a desktop.

More likely, you need a lap desk or a cooling pad. There are many different options - but none that I know of provide power. You just have to plug the machine in when you want it to charge.

There's a ton of options out there. Take a look here and choose the one that looks like the best fit:

Newegg.com - PCs & Laptops,Laptop Accessories,Laptop Accessories,Cooler

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
There are hardly any docking stations for Macs. The bookendz one is made of metal and is said to help cool but there was no active cooling with it.
BookEndz Docking Stations

I have a 17" targus dual fan cooling pad that has died. I am looking at this logitech. It has speakers and a fan but is pricey.
Speaker Lapdesk N700

OP
B
Reaction score
There are hardly any docking stations for Macs. The bookendz one is made of metal and is said to help cool but there was no active cooling with it.
BookEndz Docking Stations

I have a 17" targus dual fan cooling pad that has died. I am looking at this logitech. It has speakers and a fan but is pricey.
Speaker Lapdesk N700

yeah it is an ok price in GBP, and looks pretty decent, its also cheaper on amazon btw! i'm tossing between splashing out on the N700 just so i have the speakers, and going for the cooling pad N100 its basically the same apart from the speakers and its alot cheaper!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.