Bootcamp and Black Ops 3D

Reaction score
Hello guys,
First precision I want to make is that my first language isn't english but I'll try my best.

Well, let me explain the situation.
Next November is coming a game called black ops. The same day (not especially for black ops), I am going to buy a new Imac and I'll install windows 7 via bootcamp on it.
2.93GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 4x2GB or 2x4...
1TB Serial ATA Drive or 2...
8x double-layer SuperDrive
ATI Radeon HD 5750 1GB GDDR5 SDRAM
Clavier sans fil Apple (anglais) & Guide de l'utilisateur (anglais)
Magic Mouse

My question isn't if I'll be able to run Black ops cause I know it will. What I want is to enjoy the 3D experience. For what I read, I understood an ATI graphic card won't be able to run the Nvidia 3D program...

If the awnser is no, is there any possible way I could be able 2 ?

Please, if you use any jargon, I would be pleased if you explain clearly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
It's not going to work on an iMac in 3D even if the graphics card could handle it, which I don't know the answer to. You need a 3D capable screen with active shutter glasses, so sadly that's a no go. If money's no object you could opt for a Mac Pro and get a 3D capable screen though, that would seem to be the only way at this point. Hope that helps.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ok, I checked on internet, you're right, the Imac screen refresh rate is blocked to 60 hz. In fact I would have to buy an effective screen.
You're suggesting me to buy a mac pro but could it be possible to put it directly on the Imac instead of a mac pro... Would it affect the gameplay ?

But we still don't know if an ATI card could run the nvidia driver, in fact, I'm going to check what they say when a windows with a Ati graphic card go on the "nvidia 3 D hardware scan"site, to see what they say.

Still waiting for awnsers ;P

OP
G
Reaction score
The Nvidia driver won't definitely work with a ATI graphic card. In fact, a mac pro would not be a solution more then another screen because the mac pro is only offering ATI cards.
Then I'm asking if there is any other way a apple with a ATI graphic card could run Black Ops when it comes out. It's like if I'm asking if there is a way to play a game in 3D with a mac. I can test on a
Imac dual core 2.8 ghz
So, if you have any solutions, please, tell me !

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
As Moderator Bobtomay would say.... buy or build a Windows gaming machine. No iMac is built for gaming (although it can run most) and a Mac Pro is just too expensive to be using for gaming - even if you could find the right video cards.

OP
G
Reaction score
Well, definitely a pc is better for games. But do you think ATI will find a way of puting games in 3D or not ? Well, if mac could put a gte again like in old times, nvidia 3d could work, so saaad. :Shouting:
Well, I guess this subject can be close

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry, I wasn't aware that the only graphics card option available on the Mac Pros is ATI. Like it's been said, your only real option here is to build a gaming PC, at least until 3D drivers come out before Black Ops, or get a console with a 3D TV.

OP
G
Reaction score
Lol, I won't buy a console. But, I'll try before I buy a PC Iz3D on another imac, another program that doesnt require an Nvidia graphic card. For what I read, what they are doing is about the same quality that nvidia does.
Also for what I heard, a LCD display doesn't have a fixed refresh rate. In fact, the better the computer is, the more fps you get and then you might be able to play in 3D with glasses. (Tell me if I'm wrong but I think with LCD screens it's called pixel latency).
Well, I also saw a graph showing how many fps you could have at high resolution with different apple computers, I guess if I lower the graphics, I'll be able to increase my fps and play in 3D ?
In fact, with Iz3D, a good imac and windows 7, I might be able to play in 3D, tell me what you think about that or if I am completely wrong...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I looked it up and it should work according to their website. Although I don't think anaglyph will look as good as a polarized or even a shutter 3D system (which both won't work on an iMac), so that's really up to you.

OP
G
Reaction score
I'm going to check them out and come back later. Well, if people could tell me what they think about it or what they would do, would be helpfull.:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.