Macbook Pro Os X 10.5 won't boot.

Reaction score
I installed windows with boot camp on my mac and stupid as I'm I added the partition for windows on C (Witch the mac os x is on right). When I turned on the computer again it just shows a lite box with a question mark. I have the DVD for mac os 10.6 and when I now run that cd the apple mark comes up and I wait. After a while a grey textbox shows and says something with, "Hold the powerbutton and then restart". Can someone help me with this problem or is the comp broken totaly? I just want the mac to run again and I don't care about windows or the files I had on it.

Thanks
David

OP
R
Reaction score
I installed windows with boot camp on my mac and stupid as I'm I added the partition for windows on C (Witch the mac os x is on right). When I turned on the computer again it just shows a lite box with a question mark. I have the DVD for mac os 10.6 and when I now run that cd the apple mark comes up and I wait. After a while a grey textbox shows and says something with, "Hold the powerbutton and then restart". Can someone help me with this problem or is the comp broken totaly? I just want the mac to run again and I don't care about windows or the files I had on it.

Thanks
David

Now when I tried to install windows again it seems to work with it. When I turn the power on (with the mac cd inside) and press alt (opt) two ikons comes up. One is windows and the other is Mac OS X Install DVD. If I press windows it says, "Can't find the operativesystem" and when I press Mac OS X Insall DVD the gray textbox shows again and says "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the power button until it turns off, then press the power button again."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook Pro - 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 4GB Ram - 500 GB HDD
You are fine.

Your Mac is fine. If you see anything but a black screen, your hardware is fine. The partition you created for the Windows operating could be the issue. If you don't care whether or not you have Windows, erase your HDD completely and reinstall Mac OS X. The folder with the question mark when trying to boot into Mac OS X means that it can't find the booter file. Like I said, the simple fix to get your Mac up and running is to completely erase the HDD and reinstall with your Mac OS X install disc. If you are running 10.5, but have a 10.6 OS disc, be sure your system has 1GB of ram prior to installing 10.6. The other error saying to please hold down the power button and restart generally means that there is media in the optical drive and doesn't appreciate it being in there. If you can't get to the utilities menu from your Mac OS X Install Disc, go buy a new hard drive or an external connector and reformat from another computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.