Thunderbird doesn't display full name of attached file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro
In Thunderbird, files attached to an incoming message are displayed in a panel below the message. If a file has a very long name, only the first 10 and last 5 characters of the name are displayed, plus the extension. The omitted characters are displayed as an ellipsis (...). If the name isn't too long, I can view the full name from the File-Attachment menu, but even that has limits - first 16 characters and last 14. Again, if it's longer than 30 characters the middle characters are replaced by an ellipsis. Is there a way to view the full name without actually downloading the file and looking in the Finder? This is important when a colleague sends me a revision of a document we're collaborating on, and the file name differs slightly from that of the previous version (e.g. his initials), and before I copy it to the folder for that project I want to be sure the name of the attached file isn't the same as an existing version already in the folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.