Are These SOL Files OK To Delete?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
I was searching around my hard drive looking for files to delete to free up precious disk space when I happened across some files with the extension "sol". They are found at the end of this path:
Users-<User Name>-Library-Prefferences-macromedia-flashplayer-macromedia.com-support-flash player-sys-<the files>

They have references to web sites I visit, such as my bank. Is it safe to dump these?

I also saw at: Users-<user name>-Library-Preferences-macromedia-flashplayer-shared objects-BB8F2JR8-<A Bunch Of Folders With Web Addresses>-<Inside Are Files Ending With SOL or SWF>

Can I dump these?
Not to sound paranoid, but my bank, brokerage, credit card companies and other web sites are represented. Is there an automatic way to dump these?
And, are there other, similar, files around I can ditch?

I tried to study up, but found no definitive answer.

Thanks to all for your help!
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I regularly dump everything in the path Users-<user name>-Library-Preferences-macromedia-flashplayer .... Just because I can :)
They are pretty much like cookies.... they seem to be created when using Safari.
They don't clear when resetting Safari, or using Onyx or any similar app to clear history, caches, cookies etc.
I rarely use Safari, and this is one of the reasons.
I don't know how to stop them appearing, but I use Firefox, which doesn't create them.
Maybe someone else will come along and shed some light on this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I just did some testing with Safari set to private browsing, which minimised the files in there.....rather than 80 odd files with surprisingly detailing information of my browsing history, there were only a couple of .sol files which had no trace of any useful information.
Keeping that in mind, these .sol files are only 4KB and not worthy of worrying about :)

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Thanks for your help! I think I'll use Private Browsing when I'm banking. I'd hate to leave traces of my passwords behind in a SOL file. Someone could steal all three of my dollars!
Thanks Again,
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.