• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD too thick for MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I'm trying to insert a DVD into my 13" MacBook (2007) drive, but it won't suck it in like it automatically does w/ other discs. It takes it in, but leaves a part of the disc hanging out of the drive and spits it back out. Has anyone had any problems with DVDs not fitting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
.... No. I believe all DVD's are the same size. I think there's a problem with your drive instead.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
CDs and other DVDs work, though.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you would have included that info with your original post, it could save time in trying to answer your question. The DVD may be defective - dirty, scratched, etc. I doubt that it would be too large since they're all manufactured to the same standard size. What kind of DVD is it?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The DVD may be defective - dirty, scratched, etc.

To add...maybe slightly warped.

The only thing I can think that would make a disk "extra thick"...is if someone applied an extra thick label to the CD/DVD...or maybe multiple labels on the same disk.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.