Logic board compatibility

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
This is my first post here. :)
So the problem is:
I have a macbook pro 17 with a broken screen, everything else is ok.
I saw in the Internet, here in Portugal, someone that selling a macbook pro 15 with a broken logic board.
Is 17's logic board compatible with the 15's?
The shape is quite the same.

Thanks in advance
Regards

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check them out for yourself. Go here to look: iFixit: The free repair manual

However, I would think that they are not the same.

It would be easier to replace your 17" LCD screen than trying to swap logic boards from one machine to the other. You would probably wind up with two machines that aren't functional.

OP
B
Reaction score
Ok, thanks for the quick reply.
I´ve been seeing some logic board tutorials on your web site, and found some differences in the logic boards indeed.
The shape of it near the back of the DVD reader is different so is the space from the right border to the cooler, also the tft connector is in other place, there might be other differences. I guess that changing the board will not work :(

regards

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I´ve been seeing some logic board tutorials on your web site, and found some differences in the logic boards indeed.
The shape of it near the back of the DVD reader is different so is the space from the right border to the cooler, also the tft connector is in other place, there might be other differences. I guess that changing the board will not work

Generally speaking you can expect the logic board between a 15" & a 17" MBP to be different. Sometimes it's possible between two different 15" models...but many times that doesn't even work.

Check e-Bay for parts computers for the parts you need.

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
once i bought a screen on ebay, it didn't work, i paid it + taxes to enter in portugal + Vat, i send it back to warranty, wen it came back had to pay again taxes to enter portugal + vat + transportation.
I guess i'll sell all the left parts..
:'(

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I guess i'll sell all the left parts...

Good idea selling the parts.

Regarding e-Bay...I have plenty of positive experiences...and only a few negative. Just like life...good things & bad things happen (hopefully mostly good)!:)

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
a big thank you for everyone.
nice forum here, continue with the good job.

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.