Can you get remote control of an Iphone?

Reaction score
....As you can with a PC?

Hack into it, and control it, read emails and memos, use the phone function etc?

I'm worried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Why are you worried ??

OP
C
Reaction score
Well, would you want someone reading your emails and memos and using your phone? If you can remote control a PC, you may be able to do it with an Iphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
No i wouldnt but it wouldnt stop me buying a iPhone, or any internet enable phone either. Have safe user practices and you should be ok.

If this is really what you are worried about, my suggestion to you is dont buy a phone what so ever, (there are listening devices out there as well) dont get on the internet, close the windows of your house, lock the door and say goodbye to the world as you know it.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but you know how insecure the net is these days, you know it can be done on a PC. Heck i can remotely use my Mac.
If you have safe practices, as in safe web browsing, safe email reading, you dont dl anything suspicious, you dont install things you are not sure of, you dont put in your password if you are not sure why you are then you should be fine to buy a iPhone. What i just mentioned, if you are safe in all of those and more then *someone* has no way ever from being able to do that to you .... IMO anyways :)

Cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Moved thread to appropriate forum. This is not a rumor/report.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.