imac os x

Reaction score
I volunteer at local elem school. they have an old imac os x that they use for games/teaching for the kids. it is not connected to the internet. there are at least 2 problems i see on the system. the time and date area incorrect. i tried to fix it, however, all the features are grayed out. i rebooted a few times, however, still cannot update the time/date.

there is also a game the kids are to play to help with hand/eye coordination. they play about 5 minutes, then the screen starts to 'black-out'. maybe it will come back with a reboot, but often not.

is there anything i can do to correct these issues, or is this computer dead?

the version is 10.3.9, so I know it is a really old version.

(maybe this is one of the reasons our kids are at the bottom of the education heap?) thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod Nano G5, iPod 2&5 G
Hey There... I would like to know the specs... Hardrive, ram, model...
i can suggest a few thing with the knowledge you have given me... I suggest that you find a mac OSX disk and reinstall mac OSX but this m ay be a lot simpler than that.. please give me your specs and i will reply

Reaction score
about the date and time

the options are probably grayed out because you are not an admin, or you did not click the little lock icon in the corner to unlock the prefs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Did you untick the box saying "Set Time and Date Automatically"? That along with pressing the unlock botton you should be able to set the time and date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.42 mhz processor 1 gb ram, G4 Processor, 60 GB hard drive running tiger, iPod Nano G5, iPod 2&5 G
Guys i think it's a ram problem or a software problem... my iMac G3 did this while running the first OSX and i reinstalled it.... that kind of fixed it but once i changed up the ram.... it was all fixed

Reaction score
Hey ...I run 10.2 on an lime green iMac...its not that bad. I would reinstall the OS as kids have messing with this computer for a wail and who knows how corrupt the system is buy now. Just repaired a "school PC" for a client it had all kinds of problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.